Wednesday 1 June 2016

The other side




Know where the grass is greener? It’s on the other side of all your fears. The moment you stand-up with your chin held high and shoulders as strong as the sky, everything loses its capacity to break you down. When instead of giving up, you dare to make a louder roar, you actually kick start the process of breaking the cage.  

Somehow, I have always strongly held the belief that each of us sharing the same Moon and the Sun, are absolutely capable of doing the impossible.  But, then why is it that only very few of us are actually able to make it? Maybe, it’s because those few do not succumb to fear and even if they happen to do, they make it a point to overcome it and strive back even harder.

Overcoming fear of any sort demands hard work and practice. Music, to me, has so far been the greatest motivator to do just that. So, to help you beat down your fears, repeatedly and religiously till the time they are completely gone, I would like to share my ‘eargasmic’ playlist with you.

Aerosmith's “Dream on”: Written by Steven Tallarico, four years before Aerosmith came to be in the New York music scene, Aerosmith’s “Dream On” stuck out as one of the finest and most enthralling songs till date. With its crux themed on ‘dreaming until your dreams come true’ the song continues to inspire people from across the world.  Focusing mind and energy on your dreams can certainly be the most exciting bait for not submitting to the trail of fears.

Florence and Machine’s ‘Shake it out’: Continuing the ‘superhero’ morph from an arty rocker to a stunning pop diva, “Shake it out” is considered to be Florence Welch’s most powerful song till date.  Released under the F&M’s album ‘Ceremonial’, the track fuels its listener's heart with an undying hope. The lyrics go like “'Cause I like to keep my issues drawn/ It's always darkest before the dawn.” Followed by beautifully sung chorus “Shake it out, shake it out, shake it out, shake it out, ooh whoa/ And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back, So shake him off, oh whoa”. So, shake off all your fears, because it’s hard to climb mountains when you have got a bagful of fears.

Bon Jovi’s “It’s my life”: Bon Jovi’s legendary song which went straight up #1 across Europe is lovingly played till date in each of his concerts.  The song gained such a huge popularity that it became one of the driving rock anthems celebrating human autonomy. With a catchy chorus, the song will make you question: whose life is it anyway? And if it is yours alone then why must you let others have control? So, tune-in to the song and shake off your desire to have other people’s opinion with lyrics like “ It’s my life/ And it’s now or never/ ‘Cause I ain’t gonna live forever…./ I just want to live while I’m alive/ ‘Cause it’s my” life!


Rihanna’s “Diamonds”: Penned by Sia and produced by Benny Blanco & Stargate, “Diamonds” emerged as something entirely different from anything tuned-up on any of the radio stations. It’s not really a killer club cut instead, it’s a stunningly soulful track. Where Rihanna confidently declares “Find light in the beautiful sea/ I choose to be happy/ You and I, you and I/ We’re like diamonds in the sky”. We can all shine bright like diamonds, but for that, we must face our fears. 

Ryan Tedder & Gym Class Heroes’ “The Fighter”: Released as an Olympic friendly cut number back in 2012, the track has inspired people to go beyond and raise the bar. With lyrics like “Give em hell, turn their heads/ Gonna live life 'til we're dead./ Give me scars, give me pain/ Then they'll say to me, say to me, say to me/ There goes the fighter, there goes the fighter/ Here comes the fighter”, the song furiously pumps up the energy level and thus is one of the most popular tracks played at gyms and clubs.  


Lady Gaga’s “Born This Way”: Well, the whole album is worth listening a thousand times, but “born this way” track in specific is incredibly thrilling and at the same time inspiring. The lyrics rock like “I'm beautiful in my way/ 'Cause God makes no mistakes/ I'm on the right track, baby/ I was born this way/ Don't hide yourself in regret/ Just love yourself and you're set/ I'm on the right track, baby/ I was born this way” So, stop doubting your abilities and compete confidently! 

Eminem’s “Not Afraid”: Regarded as the “Rap God” by music fans across the globe, Eminem has always been one of the most inspiring musicians. “Not Afraid” is largely seen as Eminem’s comeback song after having knocked down his drug addiction in the rehab. The song is a dedication, not just to those who have struggled with substance addiction/abuse, but to anyone who has had a hard time fighting with their demons (fears). Considering mistakes to be his life's greatest teachers, Eminem through his song expresses a bond of solidarity and offers motivation in his own unique way. The lyrics roll like “I guess I had to, go to that place, to get to this one/ Now some of you, might still be in that place/ If you're trying to get out, just follow me/ I'll get you there”

Frankly, there’s an amusing abundance of inspiring tracks which can help you fight and beat your fears to death. Because, music embraces all, disappoints none. So, tune-in to rise above and beyond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment