Wednesday 21 September 2016

A World That Was Once Wonderful





I saw trees of green,                                                              
red roses too.
I saw them bloom, 
for me and you. 
And I thought to myself,
what a wonderful world. 

I saw skies of blue, 
And clouds of white. 
The bright blessed day, 
The dark sacred night. 
And I thought to myself, 
What a wonderful world. 

The colors of the rainbow, 
So pretty in the sky, 
Was also on the faces, 
Of people going by.
I saw friends shaking hands, 
Saying, "How do you do?" 
They're really saying, 
"I love you". 

I heard babies cry, 
I watched them grow, 
They'd learned much more, 
Than I'll ever know. 
And I thought to myself, 
What a wonderful world. 

Yes, I thought to myself, 
What a wonderful world. 

Oh yeah!

No, what you just read is not a parody of "What a Wonderful World", a phenomenal song which was sung by Louis Armstrong in 1967, but is rather an altered version crafted with the deliberation of reflecting the Modern Day helplessness, aroused in our hearts by domestic and international tensions instigated by groups which proudly promote Terrorism.  

If you too can relate to this feeling of profound loss, which can certainly not be expressed by stating facts or weaving stories, then come sit with me, to bid adieu to the innocent souls of victims from across the globe, who have now become stars, still hoping and expecting from You and I to extinguish hatred and spread nothing other than love and peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment